The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-sync before sending a notification Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I use OmniFocus on my mac, iphone, and ipad. A common annoyance I have is that I have a daily, due by 9:30am action. I do it, and then mark it completed on my Mac.

Come 9:30am, my ipad and iphone notify me that it's overdue. Is it any way possible that my iOS devices could sync, and then decide if they need to notify me?

Thanks.

Well, yes and no. You could set the maximum time between syncs to a lower number of minutes (default out of the box is 60), and make sure that you leave your other devices running OmniFocus. Then if you mark that task completed more than the maximum sync time before the deadline, everyone should get the news before alerting you that the task is overdue. You still have an issue with getting notifications from devices that haven't been running OmniFocus, or haven't been able to sync, however.