The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

move OO leopard install of mac bundle, can't find license Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a working copy of OO installed on my mac with OS leopard from a previous mac software bundle install. I am setting up a new install under mountain lion on a new computer. I have already purchased OO for iPad and I want to use OO on my new mac as well, and not abandon it or repurchase it for the desktop. I cannot locate the license. I have looked in places already mentioned.

library/application support/The Omni Group only contains pieces for Omni Graffle and I do not see a software license folder.

my preferences folder contains these OO files
com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner3.LSSharedFileList.plist
com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner3.plist

I have other Omni group software also still installed on my soon to be old mac, including OF (which transferred with the purchased license and syn'd just fine, thank you)

where might my license be for OO on my still functional leopard mac. I'm not sure I can still locate the old bundle CD I had, but it's possible I can locate it. Could I have a hidden folder somewhere? Thanks

Look for a /Library/Application Support/Omni Group/ or <home>/Library/Application Support/Omni Group folder. There should be a license in one of those locations. "The Omni Group" folder is only for app resources like templates and plug-ins. The licenses are in a different location.

Oy. Thanks! I found it this time :-)