The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Formatting Tables Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1. Is there a way to control the column width in a table? Using the drag handles seem to create an endless repetition of resizing the table. Using the dimension inspector does not seem to effect the dimensions of a cell so that appears not to have any control over the width of a column.

2. Is there any way to control the margins within a cell, for instance so that I can put a clear gap between the text in the cell and the border.

3. I looked in the help function, I looked in the manual and I've searched the forum for answers. Are there any other sources?

Thanks

You have to do some quite intricate clicking, but there is a view you can get to by clicking on the boxes whereby you can drag the edge of a textbox. The whole column follows that size.

But I do think that the way tables are handled is substandard in the extreme. It's consistent with the way everything works in omnigraffle, but not neccesarily consistent with the way it /should/ work...