The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due time is less helpful without effort estimation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If a task take 2 hours, OF should remind me 2 hours ahead. But if a take takes only 10 minutes, OF should remind me 10 minutes ahead. Also the estimation should be used to set the start time for the calender events OF creates. It will be much more helpful to plan the day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
If a task take 2 hours, OF should remind me 2 hours ahead. But if a take takes only 10 minutes, OF should remind me 10 minutes ahead. Also the estimation should be used to set the start time for the calender events OF creates. It will be much more helpful to plan the day !
Whilst I agree in principle, what if you have two tasks when are of 10 minutes duration due at the same time. Should OF recognise this and warn you 20 minutes ahead of time?

I think this comes down to a mixture of a daily review to plan out your day and / or putting things which have a hard deadline on your calendar rather than in Omnifocus.

But not everyone uses OF in the same way so your mileage may vary.

At the moment OF for iPhone does not seem to give the Estimated Time despite now using a list to display task properties.

I have asked for this. Given its omission, it would be hard to base too much behaviour around it for those who use the mobile version more than the desktop.

OF already supports converting action to calendar event. It can leave it to user make micro adjustment for the due time for each action in the day, a drag and drop feature in the calendar event list will be very helpful. iOS calendar already support drag and drop for its own event, OF should also support it for OF events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post
Whilst I agree in principle, what if you have two tasks when are of 10 minutes duration due at the same time. Should OF recognise this and warn you 20 minutes ahead of time?

I think this comes down to a mixture of a daily review to plan out your day and / or putting things which have a hard deadline on your calendar rather than in Omnifocus.

But not everyone uses OF in the same way so your mileage may vary.