The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Upset over upgrade cost... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was very specific about the questions I asked prior to buying OF1 on the Mac/iPhone/iPad. I was told that I'd get the updates/upgrades to OF2 for FREE. But, somehow, I need to pay for the upgrade now...

To say I'm annoyed isn't quite adequate. I paid for OF1 with the knowledge that I'd receive OF2 free. Bait and switch at its finest...

Can you quote the email DrDavid.

If you feel you have been misled, please speak directly to Omni and calmly lay out your points. Omni are reasonable people.

DrDavid,
There has been a lot of confusion and miscommunication about upgrade pricing, but we sincerely did not intend a bait and switch. Without knowing more about your specific situation, it's really difficult for me to comment further. Please give us a chance to make this right. You can contact us at sales@omnigroup.com or +1 206-523-4152 or +1 800-315-OMNI, whichever is most convenient for you. (Our phone lines are staffed from 10AM-5PM US Pacific time.)

There was only mention of OF2 for Mac and upgrade pricing. I don't recall any blog post or forum post stating that there would be upgrade pricing for the iPhone or iPad. Perhaps signals got crossed?

THe only one I remembered was about buying OF1 for Mac after a certain date and getting OF2 for free.

http://www.omnigroup.com/blog/debut-of-omnifocus-2

February 1, 2013 blog post:
[quote]From now on, anyone who purchases OmniFocus 1 from our online store will receive a free upgrade to the Professional edition of OmniFocus 2 when it ships.[/quote[