The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail Drop Issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Is mail drop supposed to work when OF is closed? Everytime I send a mail from work (using a PC) the mail is returned as undeliverable. It seems to work if I leave OF open at home. Is this the only way to use the mail drop feature or are there settings I have wrong?

Thanks.

It works fine for me without Omnifocus running. I also use a PC at work and email tasks to the omni sync server address. They then show up in my inbox later in the day when I sync with either my iPad, iPhone or Mac.

It now seems to work for some reason - I thought it would be pointless if OF had to be open.

Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxg View Post
Hi,
Is mail drop supposed to work when OF is closed? Everytime I send a mail from work (using a PC) the mail is returned as undeliverable. It seems to work if I leave OF open at home. Is this the only way to use the mail drop feature or are there settings I have wrong?

Thanks.
You need to read the undeliverable message and it will give you an indication as to why the email was not delivered.

Reasons for receiving a non delivery message can many, but in my experience the number 1 reason is that the email address is wrong.

I would check that the email address you're sending to is your mail drop email address, you've not included apostrophes around the address or anything daft like that.