The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Restoring omnifocus content after accidental delete from ipod Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, my omnifocus app got accidentely deleted from my ipod touch. I re-installed the app by downloading it from from the app istore. How can I restore the previously captured data/content now?

(I have synced my iipod with my mac but that didnt help - probably because I don't use omnifocus on my mac)

Any help would be very welcome as I just spend hours setting it all up and I don't want to start from scratch again. :o

Happy new year
mokomac

Last edited by mokomac; 2013-01-02 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Tags are helpful

If you weren't syncing OmniFocus with anything, then I believe you are stuck, just as if you had been using it on your Mac only and erased your database. To prevent this from biting you in the future, I suggest you open up a free Omni Sync Server account via the sync settings in OmniFocus and sync to it, even though you only have the one device running OmniFocus. This will give you a convenient "off-site" backup of your data with almost no effort, and recovery from any such future mishap would be much less painful.

If you've been backing up with iTunes, you might be able to recover some of your data with a restore, but that restores everything on the device and usually takes a long time (if you've got numerous apps, at least). Maybe your experience will be better than mine have been.

Yes I just realised - logging into icloud - that there is no omnifocus back up on icloud. Too bad.

Thanks for the tip to sync with the omnifocus server.

Cheers
mokomac