The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with iPad Safari Bookmarklet? [Fixed: remove iPhone app and reboot] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've followed OF's instructions for installing the Safari Bookmarklet but I keep getting an "invalid address" error. Any help? (it hasn't tarnished the luster off my shiny new app!)

The bookmarklet should look like this after the instructions:

Code:
javascript:window.location='omnifocus:///add?note='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&name='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)
Does yours match up?

Last edited by troyb; 2010-07-30 at 06:42 AM..

Hmm. Yep, exactly. I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens...

Nope. It is still giving me a "Cannot open this page ... Address is Invalid" error.

Last edited by Danbustillos; 2010-07-30 at 06:45 AM..

Same problem here.

I'm recalling a problem with OmniFocus urls if you previously had the iPhone app installed on your iPad. Would you mind uninstalling it if it's still installed and try rebooting to see if that fixes the problem? (I hate asking people to reboot their iPad but it might be the only option to get the OS to realize those should go to a new app).

You may be onto something there as I indeed had OF for iPhone installed until this morning. Rebooting right after this post...

Eureka! The problem was fixed by rebooting after having deleted the iPhone app from my iPad! Thanks Test Pilot!
:)

Last edited by Danbustillos; 2010-07-30 at 07:06 AM..

Problem solved w above solution.

Great to hear!

Had the same problem, Apple's obviously as reboot needed, but it fixed it and all is good.
Really loving the iPad app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
I'm recalling a problem with OmniFocus urls if you previously had the iPhone app installed on your iPad. Would you mind uninstalling it if it's still installed and try rebooting to see if that fixes the problem? (I hate asking people to reboot their iPad but it might be the only option to get the OS to realize those should go to a new app).
Troy. Users are likely to come across this issue frequently. (Many "upgrade" their iPad from OF for iPhone.) I suggest you make your fix more prominent in the forums and add this instruction to your "Add Bookmarklet" instructions in OF for iPad. So until you get if fixed (if you can fix it), don't make users search the forums for this bug.

One of the first things I do with a new app is get my settings in order. It's very disconcerting to have something not work after having purchased a $40 app.

Anyway, food for thought.