The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Decouple Effort and Duration? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please add my vote for this feature

+1

Oops I forgot I'm in Chicago

+3 :-)

Hi,

Was this feature ever implemented? I'm trialling v2.2 of OmniPlan at the moment - the forum posts indicate it should be in v2 but I can't work out how to do this.

Thanks!

I am posting to this thread simply because it has some recent activity.

I've been demoing OmniPlan and while it is well-made and so much better than other Mac options it falls short in so many places. Makes me understand so much better what my PMP friend was on about a couple years ago.

Rather than repeat what so many forum users have already pointed out over six years of begging for fundamental changes I'd like to know why the company feels the need to employ "useful idiots" (look it up) as smug apologists for a product that continues to under-deliver. I stopped using OmniFocus a while back out of frustration (money not well spent) and I won't be paying for OmniPlan if it can't properly handle multiple resources. When people call it a deal killer they aren't talking about misplaced expectations over a 99 cent iPhone app. This is a serious tool and the comments appear to be from fairly intelligent users.

Hmm, with thousands and thousands of posts (more than the #2 and #3 posters combined, last time I checked), I must be a really useful idiot! I make the same percentage off each sale of OmniPlan as you do. You, too, can be an unpaid useful idiot — just get some knowledge about a product and start helping out other forum members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonsmith View Post
Rather than repeat what so many forum users have already pointed out over six years of begging for fundamental changes I'd like to know why the company feels the need to employ "useful idiots" (look it up) as smug apologists for a product that continues to under-deliver. I stopped using OmniFocus a while back out of frustration (money not well spent) and I won't be paying for OmniPlan if it can't properly handle multiple resources. When people call it a deal killer they aren't talking about misplaced expectations over a 99 cent iPhone app. This is a serious tool and the comments appear to be from fairly intelligent users.
Most fairly intelligent users would make use of the 14 day free trial and 30 day money back guarantee and not be owners of software that didn't meet their needs.

tl;dr Don't like it? Don't buy it!