The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What handheld? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am slowly getting the grips of OmniFocus and my love for this app grows
stronger everytime I use it. Still its only on my mac and I need to cary these
lists on the go. So question is:

Are there any handhelds today to let me bring and update my tasks on the go?
If not: For how long will I have to print my tasks and projects on paper?

Which mobile platform is going to be ultimate OF-syncing-buddy? I guess iPhone
but that will be far to costly. How about the iPod-touch? the Nokia
smartphones and n810(wich I really fancy)? Maybe some java-app to run on my SonyEricsson?

Any thaughts on this urgent matter?

/regards David S, sweden

I sync from iCal to a Palm. I can edit on the Palm and sync back. Of course from iCal there's the sync to and from OF.

As for iPhone and iTouch - they don't support to-do lists.

We hope that whatever SDK Apple offers us for the iPhone will also work for the iPod Touch, so if we build an iPhone app to work with Focus (and we really want to), we'll probably make it work with the iPod Touch as well.

Not only do YOU really want to, WE really want you to.

Of course, I am a little bummed that you already don't have the SDK and are not working on it already with some big announcement at MacWorld.

Either way, I hope to see OmniFocus iPhone Application sooner than later.

More sneaky peaks! :)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
We hope that whatever SDK Apple offers us for the iPhone will also work for the iPod Touch, so if we build an iPhone app to work with Focus (and we really want to), we'll probably make it work with the iPod Touch as well.
wohooooo please please please. that would be the perfect team :) . especially with a nice computeromnifocus <-> iphone/ipodtouchomnifocus sync :D

I currently sync OF->iCal, and then iCal to both my iPod and my Nokia E50. Neither of these routes give me the perfect solution (see http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6621) but they do both work well enough that I haven't brought my old Palm pilot into play.

Anita