The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need alarm from within OF to sound and pop up an alert Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, today I missed an important appointment that was in OF

I don't want to play the export game because appointments come at short notice

I think we are expecting a bit more attention to self-contained features such as these in OF given its price

OF is not a calendar or appointment manager.

It is sometimes easy to make the mistake of putting something into OmniFocus when it should be in the calendar.

http://www.asianefficiency.com/sched...th-each-other/

OmniFocus is a task management tool, not a time management tool. Time management is a fallacy because we cannot manage time. Time will go on about its business regardless of what we are doing. However, we can manage tasks and be able to do tasks in a set time.

I use OmniFocus together with a calendar (such as iCal or BusyCal).

Part of efficiency is having all the info in one place. If i enter a task that is part of a project or stand alone, I want the ability to set an audible, and or silent alarm to remind me, especially on my phone when I am away from my computer. I don't want extra programs, work arounds, growl, or any other things to add to the confusion, just for OF to have alarms built in. One place for your planning is essential to making sure nothing falls through the cracks. Task management needs to include alarms for certain tasks.

Yep, I totally want this feature. I know OF is not a calendar or Time app. If I want to use it with a calendar, time, planning app, am I supposed to be using omni plan? Does it have snoozable reminders? Is there a snoozable reminder app by any company at all that syncs with omnifocus so I don't have to manually retyoe things from OF into my calendar that uses snoozable alarms?

OmniFocus is not a calendar, but it does have sounds and alerts and calendar integration.

In OmniFocus for iPhone, go to Settings->Notifications->Sounds & Alerts. On that screen you can enable Due Reminders (with independent settings for showing alerts and playing sounds), or turn on Calendar Alarms which you can subscribe to from the iPhone's built-in Calendar app to get snoozable reminders.

Hope this helps!