The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

placing images: default to "link"? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hello,

is there any trick, or hack, or go-in-and-modify-the-file-defaults-with-command-line so that placing an image defaults to "link to image" instead of
"include image in file?"

this seems minor, but when building a many-page document is actually a significant task issue.

thanks.

It should be remembering whatever the last setting used was, so if your first placed image is set to link, then subsequent placing will have that radio button selected.

It resets after you quit and re-launch OmniGraffle, but I can see this as being a handy preference or setting.

I'm pretty sure that the setting bounces back and forth. Perhaps it changes to the last image selected.

I was at least hoping that I might be able to edit the plist file or app bundle myself (w a text editor) to add an override, or something like that...