The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wanted: Tabbed views Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I wish OmniOutliner would have tabbed views. I often work with several open outlines, but each has to be a separate document, as they often have different formats or column structures (i.e., some have columns, some don't, the ones that do have different columns, etc.)

I'd much prefer having one outline window, with tabs at the top that allowed me to access multiple outlines. These could be separate OO4 files, or - my preference - separate outlines that are part of one OO4 file.

I often create multiple outlines for each project I'm working on, because OO4 limits me to one format or column structure per file. So if one outline requires a date column, and another outline requires two text columns, and a third outline requires none - or if I want different level formats for different outlines - I wind up having to create separate OO4 docs for each. I know I can hide and un-hide columns, but that's a lot of extra fiddling each time I leave one outline and go to another. It'd be FAR more efficient if we could just see different outlines as tabs in one window.