The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniBank Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, I read how you guys have produced three new products recently and need some time to go back an add features to 'old' products. To that I say "BOLOGNA!"

OmniBank is the ticket. Quicken stinks, iBank stinks. Only you guys can do it right. I will pay for OmniBank today! [Note that I'm still waiting to pay for OmniFocus and since I have OmniFocus I will put your response to this posting on my 'Waiting-For' context.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgamble View Post
Okay, I read how you guys have produced three new products recently and need some time to go back an add features to 'old' products. To that I say "BOLOGNA!"

OmniBank is the ticket. Quicken stinks, iBank stinks. Only you guys can do it right. I will pay for OmniBank today! [Note that I'm still waiting to pay for OmniFocus and since I have OmniFocus I will put your response to this posting on my 'Waiting-For' context.]
This suggestion is captured under my OmniFocus project of "Build the OmniGroup's New Santa Barbara Office".

OmniMoney, OmniInvest, OmniWealth, OmniFinance or OmniBankle

Guys, I second the call for OmniBank. Quicken is not good, and Intuit is evil. iBank has promise and tease but it doesn't perform well and there are some fundamental flaws. I'm in the middle of designing my own that I'll write in a database language, but I'd JUMP at the chance to pass my ideas to the Omni team and have it made into a really nice cash management (budgeting) program for individuals. I'm going to go ahead with mine and probably have something running when I have a couple of weeks to devote to it, but I recognize that it has limitations that I can't work around and would rather use OmniBank.

Chuck

I second that as well. It's especially annoying that none of these software packages are really able to get the online stock quotes from various places around the world. It's really annoying to have to enter the prices from different European funds by hand!

Btw. GnuCash is the best you can get with respect to getting quotes from different sources.

Cheers.

Okay, I paid for OmniFocus but I'm still waiting for your comments on OmniBankle. I know, it happens all the time to me but, it sure is hard to imagine that somebody outside of your company could be spot-on with your next product.

Just wait until the next Macworld when Steve Jobs announces that AppleTV is upgraded to an HD game console and UnrealTournament 2008 is an Apple exclusive. Then I'll be 2 for 2 of late.

I would love to see what Omni could do with banking on the mac:

As already mentioned: Quicken stinks and all of the other options I've looked at have been terrible.

The closest to OK was Liquid Ledger, but it was far too buggy for reliable use and had interface issues.

The idea would be a personal money manager: with bank downloads, budgeting and reporting/graphs, with that Omni je-ne-sais-quoi. It wouldn't have to be complicated...

I actually came to this forum with intent to make a thread about requesting this. I would love to see this happen.

I would also love to see this happen.

Quicken is promising a new app with up to date api's (i.e., cocoa based) and for all it's faults it actually does work as is (I'm using 2005 still). I'm sure the Omni folks could do a much better job, but then the company would have to increase in size by a factor of a hundred just for support staff, then they'd hire more lawyers, then they'd change their license, and raise their prices, maybe go public, and generally stop being the creative software house we know and love.

I do think they could, barring outstanding copyright issues, contribute a multi-dimensional spreadsheet to the community and not have to transform their culture.

I'd rather have Omni than OmniBank.