The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner or OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am considering the purchase of OmniOutliner and/or OmniGraffle to help support the development of a software program. I am planning to develop the template (outline, output forms, relationships among the output forms, etc.).

The program I am developing will be similar in look and feel to a intuit TurboTax. It will be based on a number of questions that will be asked to the end user that will populate forms and will also be capable of modeling (creating "what if" models). Many of the forms would be custom made (but would be similar to a spreadsheet and word processing documents or pdf templates that would be filled in). There questions will build on each other (like Turbo Tax) and the answers will direct the program to the next appropriate question.

Any advise on what program would be best for templating this type of program is very appreciated. Or perhaps I should use both?

I am new to this program and want to start out on the most appropriate path.

Thank you for your input.

Kevin

OmniGraffle would be the obvious choice, I think. There are many Stencils available for modeling the software architecture:

http://graffletopia.com/categories/programming

And there are others to help you draw mock-ups of the forms and windows in the user interface:

http://graffletopia.com/categories/user-interface

You can even create links ("Actions") on the user interface elements so that clicking on them will jump to some other canvas, making your mockups more realistic.