The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript access to tasks in inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I'm sure I'm not alone in entering a quick inbox item to remember to bring a book into work tomorrow. Listing the contexts in AppleScript I'm irritated to find that even if I have set the context on an inbox item, it does not appear in that context (nor in the GUI for that matter).

Does anyone know how I can list the tasks in the inbox using AppleScript? In return, when its done, I'll post the script to pop up reminders for items in a particular context at a certain time every day.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

Answering my own question for posterity:

repeat with aTask in inbox tasks of default document

does not work, but

set in_box to inbox tasks of default document
repeat with aTask in in_box

does

And following up for completeness

while the GUI does not show inbox items in the contexts view, AppleScript does find them if you recurse down the contexts tree