The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

moving Omifocus to a new MAC Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running Omifocus on an iMac and want to transfer it to a MacBook Pro. How can I do this to retain all the information and settings that I have. I don't want to use Migration Assistant as I don't want to move all the applications from the iMac to the Macbook Pro [and can't figure out a way to do single apps!

TIA

You could just set up your iMac as the Bonjour OF Host and connect the Macbook pro to it via Bonjour and OmniFocus will sync over the content from it.

I recently migrated to a new mac. I did a full restore from a time machine backup, and OF worked flawlessly.

The data files are in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus.

If you copy that entire directory to the new machine, in the same location, you'll have all your data. You can copy ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist if you want all you preference settings as well.

Curt

Thanks so much for the advice: really useful!

Mark