The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stop 'Miscellaneous' being created Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to set omnifocus (across all platforms) to put tasks without projects into a folder set by me, rather than having it automatically create a miscellaneous folder?

Thanks in advance

+1

I would like this option.

Select OmniFocus > Preferences menu.

Click on the icon for Data.

Default list for single actions: [Miscellaneous]
Inbox items processed without a project assigned will be placed at the end of this list.

This will allow you to change the default list for single actions. I think this should work.

That's brilliant, thanks!

Do you know if that setting will be synced to iOS versions?

Not sure. My daughters took my iPad and iPod touch. You might have to look in the settings screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingzee View Post
That's brilliant, thanks!

Do you know if that setting will be synced to iOS versions?
Yes, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
Select OmniFocus > Preferences menu.

Click on the icon for Data.

Default list for single actions: [Miscellaneous]
Inbox items processed without a project assigned will be placed at the end of this list.

This will allow you to change the default list for single actions. I think this should work.

This is grayed out on both of my Macs and the popup is blank. Is there a way to enable the popup so I can set the default single action list?

The setting above this one in preferences has 4 possible options on when to cleanup inbox items. Three of the 4 requires that a project to be set. Change it to context only and you will see the options for setting a default project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
The setting above this one in preferences has 4 possible options on when to cleanup inbox items. Three of the 4 requires that a project to be set. Change it to context only and you will see the options for setting a default project.
Thanks Greg.