The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stop and go performance Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi - Had a look through the recent posts but could not find anyone with the same problem, so I hope it is new, but that there is still a solution!

There seem to be a performance stop and go on my computer with Omniweb when I have more than one tab open. This shows f.e
I am typing, and the letters only appear after one or two seconds. (right now for exmple)
I try to scroll and the scrollbar movement is delayed. If I keep hold onto the scrollbar, this is not a problem, but the first movement is always delayed.

I watch a clip in youtube and even though there should be enough downloaded for it to run smoothly, it pauses every four seconds or so.

I have OW 5.5.4 (v607.17) on an Apple 2GHZ intel core duo with 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM.

Is there anything I can do to tune the system. I usually open my workspace with 30 tabs and it is annoying not to be able to see all of it smoothly.

It is possible that you are experiencing the JS garbage collection bug that is in the version of WebKit that 5.5.4 is based upon, which causes OmniWeb to start sucking CPU cycles. The solution is to quit and restart OmniWeb or to download the 5.6 sneakypeek and use that instead.

Edit: However, the latest builds also have a serious bug that causes OmniWeb to hang at e.g. the apple store online.

Last edited by JKT; 2007-10-06 at 05:53 AM..

Thanks, that seem to have solved the problem (even though it took me a while to find sneakypeak) I also seem to remember that I had the same problem in a previous release, then it disappeared and came back with the last one. Now with Sneakypeak it is gone again. Hope the bug stays away this time....