The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.7 SP1 can't show PayPal plugin at ebay Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone :)

I've noticed that OW can't handle a PayPal plugin (or embedded feature?) at ebay.

Previously, when you clicked on a link at ebay to pay for an item via PayPal, that link would take you to the PayPal site, where you would login and make that payment. OW handled that fine.

Now, however, when you click on that link, you don't leave ebay. Instead, a PayPal "frame" or embedded content of some kind opens in the same window. Even the login input frame is included.

I tried it with Camino, and it works fine. You get the embedded PayPal login, then the embedded PayPal details and Pay Now etc.

I have no idea why it doesn't work with OW. Do you?

Hi Clytie meimei,

It's good to see you around ... :-)

I had to pay a paltry sum through paypal the other day, though not from ebay. I thought it was completely broken, but I found that if I clicked on everything twice, it did work. I'm just downloading the latest beta ... who knows if that will provide a solution!

Mark dage

I went back to ebay several times and tried everything again, but it never worked. I always got the Page Not Found at PayPal instead. This has happened with four separate transactions, over that many weeks. I actually thought ebay or PayPal were broken, until it occurred to me (duh) to try Camino. Then I saw what was supposed to happen! It's a useful idea: I just hope it starts working in OmniWeb!

I submitted my first formal feedback on this PayPal problem on December 19, with followups on January 15, 16 and 18 (the latter with a HTML verbose log).

The annoying part is I can't seem to remember to start my PayPal purchasing in Firefox.

That's odd: I searched under PayPal and ebay before I posted, but didn't find your posts.

I know what you mean: I keep forgetting to switch to Camino for payment. It's a nuisance. I hope this is fixed in Omniweb soon.

Yeah, I am having the same problem... And of course, I just bought omniweb and I didn't check that before I bought. It sucks. I hope its fixed soon.

Oh, and by the way the "print" button in PayPal doesn't work ether...

Unfortunately this isn't the easiest thing to test if you're not a big ebay purchaser, but people had the same problem with the MacHeist Paypal link and the issue could be avoided by enabling third party cookies for both sites in site prefs.

Unfortunately we haven't been able to get confirmation of this fix working on Ebay. Please send feedback from the app or email omniweb@omnigroup.com

Last edited by dave_m; 2008-02-29 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: clarity

You mean you don't have confirmation that the embedded PayPal feature actually works in ebay? It works fine for me when I use Camino. I gather it works for another user in Firefox. It's very convenient: I can see why they implemented it. It's also less confusing, since you don't appear to "leave" the ebay site to go to an "external" site, and this may reassure some users.

Quote:
You mean you don't have confirmation that the embedded PayPal feature actually works in ebay?
No, dave said they haven't gotten confirmation of the work-around he suggested working. Why don't you try it, and report the results to them as he requested?

Dave, I am not entirely sure what you mean by "enabling third party cookies for both sites in site prefs."

I have my these prefs for both paypal and ebay:

And I still have the problem, hope this helps!