The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Today Items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having a hard time figuring this out. For starters, I remember seeing a "Due Today" line item under the Due perspective mode, but i cant see it anymore, even though i have a few items due today. I basically want a perspective which shows items due today so i can work through them.

I have read through a few of the posts about this topic and still cant figure out how to do this...

Go to Context mode. Put up the view bar if not already present (View->Show View Bar or cmd-shift-V). Settings for the view bar should be:

Look for the group that says "Due Today" and close any others if they are distracting.

If you like the results, you can save it as a perspective and recall it easily the next time you want it.

Which version of OmniFocus are you using? Version 1.5 has a pre-made "Due" button in the toolbar.

First, go to planning mode and make sure you are not "focusing" on anything (there is a focus/show all button in the toolbar). Then switch to context mode, click "View" in the toolbar to show the view options, and from left to right, make them say:

Remaining
Due
Due
Next Action (or Due Soon)
Any Duration
Any Flag State

Does that help?

I dont have the "Due Today" group

I got it.. thanks guys.

Now how do i quickly add items to the "Due Today" list ? I typically start my day by listing items i need to tackle that day whihc are not already shown on the due today list. is there a way to create a quick add group for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menuj.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	760  

Last edited by juju01; 2008-10-29 at 08:32 AM..

The one on the left is the sidebar filter. Do you have your sidebar minimized? I've attached two pictures (in planning mode), one with the sidebar showing and the other with it minimized. Sorry they are so small... If it's minimized, grab the little dot in the center of the thin vertical bar and drag it to the right. Planning mode and context mode have independent sidebars, so you'll have to maximize them for both modes.

Not sure if that's the problem, but it's my first guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	762  

Last edited by abh19; 2008-10-29 at 08:34 AM..

Yep- I didnt look at the one on the left sidebar. that was what I was missing. I then applied your lsit above and it worked great. thanks

Great.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can add to the "Due today" list as stated in my psot above? ( A "Due Today" only perspective )

If you have a list of actions which are potential candidates to be promoted to "due today", select them all by clicking on one and cmd-clicking on the others to build up the selection (or shift-clicking if you've got a contiguous list), then bring up the inspector and set the due date to today. Setting the due date on the enclosing project will also rapidly set a bunch of items to have the same due date. Note that changing the due date on the project won't change the due date recorded in the enclosed actions, but they will be treated as if they are due if the project is due.