The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

please help me with start/due date editing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
So I've noticed this problem on and off for a while now and I just kind of slogged through it until it became annoying enough to write about - though i don't know if it is sisyphean given that this is a soon to be (I hope I hope) supplanted version of the software...

Background - I spend half my time in Chicago, and the other half in Paris. So I'm constantly switching timezones. That OF seems to keep its clock based on GMT has been a long held gripe and yes I've already added to that request.

Okay, so here is what is happening. I can't figure out a pattern and therefore have no idea how to fix it.

1. I will type 'tomorrow' in the start date. Typically it sets it for tomorrow at 24:00. Sometimes, I don't know why, I do that and it puts in 'today 24:00' instead. Same if type 'today' it will be replaced with yesterday's date @ 24:00.

2. If I use the inspector to edit a start or due date and I select the hour - say it's 24 and I want to change it to 18 - and I type '18' it will erase the entire field, date and time. The only way to do it is click on the date then use the arrow to set the time.

What gives? I wish there were a way to set the default start time - at least then I could do it as something that makes sense for both time zones.

Anyone had this issue? Any thoughts?