The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sweeping out completed projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a built in workflow for sweeping out really old completed projects? I have a huge buildup of completed projects that I have no need to see ever again and they clutter my ability to review the newer ones I might want to go back to.

Is this just something that people do manually during their review?

You can mark it as completed or even delete it altogether. What do your mean by "sweeping"?

I guess you mean a sort of 'purge' command?

I don't think that feature exists, but as a perpetual hoarder, what I've done is set up an 'Archive' folder (at the bottom of the projects list), then as projects are finished I mark them as completed and move them into this folder.

However, if you're really happy that you won't need to see a project again, you can still delete it, although it looks like you have to do this manually each time. Your other alternative is to use the project filter - 'Remaining' will show all active, pending and on hold projects (hiding completed), and 'Active' will exclude the latter two categories from that list.

Cheers, Jo

It's more of an aged archiving issue. It just seems that the ocean of completed projects I have clutters up my ability to handle the recently completed projects I want to see.

I suppose I can always filter or group them when I want to go back to the recent completes. Maybe, it's just something in my brain aesthetic that yells at me when I haven't stuck old stuff into a separate archive file. Oh well, I guess I'll survive somehow... :) Thanks for the help.

Thanks a bunch - I was looking for this myself. I'll just use the filter.