The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Critical path due dates vs. absolute due dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

How do folks handle due dates on critical path tasks that are delaying a project. That is, they don't have a particular due date, but each day they go undone, a whole project will be delayed.

I have fallen into the trap of setting arbitrary due dates for those items, but as we all know, that ends up deteriorating the usefulness of the due date system in Omnifocus. I save due dates for items that are truly due now.

So, how to note those tasks that are holding up whole projects but aren't actually due at any particular time?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't think OF1 was built with project dependencies in mind. OmniFocus was designed more as a single-user task manager.

If you want to handle projects with date dependencies and a crap-load of other project features, you'd probably have to use OmniPlan instead. That would be the more appropriate tool for your needs.