The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync OminFocus between machines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
FYI, I use Chronosync to sync the home directory between my G5 tower and my MacBook Pro. It sync's the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus directory for me. I don't bother syncing the ~/Library/Caches/OmniFocus directory (or any cache files for that matter). It also gets the prefs file in ~/Library/Preferences/

I also exclude some other directories and files in my sync, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

This solution works great for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
FYI, I use Chronosync to sync the home directory between my G5 tower and my MacBook Pro. It sync's the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus directory for me. I don't bother syncing the ~/Library/Caches/OmniFocus directory (or any cache files for that matter). It also gets the prefs file in ~/Library/Preferences/

I also exclude some other directories and files in my sync, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

This solution works great for me!
Petro,

That's exactly the system I use. It works great for me, since I'm very seldom away from the computer. I print my errand actions onto an index card that I keep in the visor of my vehicle, so that's always handy. I'll probably eventually just put my errand actions on my iPod as notes. I use my cell phone's voice memo feature as my on-the-go inbox.

Curt

Similarly, I've been sending SMS messages to my email for my on the go inbox for a year or so....