The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Active != Active for contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been sitting on this for a long time, because I kept thinking I must be missing something.

It seems that there are two different definitions of active for contexts, depending upon what part of the UI you're in.

In the context filtering lozenge above the sidebar, active means that the context allows next actions *and* has next actions.

In the inspector, a context marked active only shows up in the "available" context filter.

Which brings up the question, which term, available or active, should mean what?

(Bad form to reply to my own post, I know.)

As I was writing this up as a bug, I found I hadn't been quite accurate in my original description. This should be more accurate:

In the context filtering lozenge above the sidebar, active means that the context allows next actions *and* has next actions *and* is marked as active.

In the inspector, active seems to correlate to "available" in the context filtering lozenge.

This is one of those little inconsistencies that crept in some months ago. As far as I know, Omni is aware of it and intends to change it before the 1.0 release. There was a forum discussion of it some time ago but I don't have time to search for it now. (Papers to grade!)