The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Colors printing much darker Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I created a little graphic to get the hang of Omnigraffle again. Looked good on my mac, but when I went to print it the colors were much darker. It is just the objects. The background is no darker. Looks as if someone took the color darkening slider and cranked it up 3 to 4 times as dark as the color displayed on the screen. Can barely read the blank font on the objects.

It isn't another layer in gray. Both ink cartridges are close to full. I tried another document in OG...same deal. On this one I used no layers just to rule out my doing something dumb with that.

I'm on Leopard 10.5.2. The printer is a new HP OfficeJet 6310

I printed something in MS word in color just to check to see if it was the printer itself (which is only a month old). Those colors came out perfectly, just like on the screen. Something with OG.

Printed something off the web on Safari. Looks great.

Tried restarting, throwing away permission, tossing the OG app and re-downloading it. Still the same thing. Arrgh.

This is really annoying.

Last edited by MichaelG; 2008-05-01 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Adding pertinent info as narrowed down

Check your ColourSync settings in the OmniGraffle preferences and/or the Proof Setup settings in the View menu. It is possible that you are printing to a colour profile that differs markedly from the RGB of your screen.

JKT

Thanks for your response. I guess only the pro version has Colorsync.

Joel did some email support with me today. The problem was a bit of a stumper. They doubted that it had to do with colorsync. Sounds like they think it is some sort of interaction with my PowerBook, so they got a system profile from me and are trying to recreate it the problem on similar hardware and Joe l submitted a formal bug report.

I really hope it ends up working out. I really like the look and feel of OG5. I love those new block arrows...and for it to be helpful with the sort of handouts I create for clients I need to be able to print.

So here's hoping.