The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chrome support? [A: Chrome supports our Send to OmniFocus bookmarklet.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be great to see Chrome support...particularly within the ctrl-click context menu, just like in Safari.

Are you referring to Clipping? Unfortunately, Chrome doesn't currently take advantage of Apple's Services technology which we use for our Clipping plug-in. If/when they do, it should function as it does in Safari.

In the mean time, you might try highlighting the url in the address bar and then invoking your Clipping shortcut which *should* work.

Hope that helps!

Is there any possibility of an OmniFocus Chrome extension at any point in the future? I would love to see it!

Thank you for the prompt response.

I believe the Send to OmniFocus bookmarklet should work just fine in Chrome if you add it to the bookmarks bar. Does that help?

That helps, thanks. However, I would find it much more useful if I could highlight some text on a web page (including within gmail), right click, and then "OmniFocus: send to inbox" the way it appears possible to do in Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghAtty View Post
That helps, thanks. However, I would find it much more useful if I could highlight some text on a web page (including within gmail), right click, and then "OmniFocus: send to inbox" the way it appears possible to do in Safari.
One of the Chrome developers just announced that the clipping service now works with the latest Chrome beta.

http://twitter.com/#!/mikepinkerton/...89505947435008

Hi all, first time poster here, just setting up my OF workflow.

One thing I've noticed - using the latest version of Google Chrome on Snow Leopard, if I want to clip some text from a webpage and add it to my OF inbox using the services menu/keyboard shortcut the URL is not copied over into the notes (as I believe is the case with Safari). Is this normal behaviour for Chrome? Not a massive issue as I have installed the OF bookmarklet and could copy over the URL that way.

cheers

Jools

Check this thread for more info. Hope this helps!

There's an earlier thread Chrome support? which was resolved as "[A: Chrome supports our Send to OmniFocus bookmarklet.]" What I'm asking for is to include the URL when clipping text, so for example I can clip part of a Gmail message as a task and be able to return to that message thread from within Omnifocus. Somebody posted "Clipping text from web page in Chrome - no URL" but it was merged with the aforementioned thread.

Based on the Chrome developer's Twitter post, I take it that Chrome now supports clipping. (since Chrome 8 actually) I've used the keyboard shortcut to clip from Chrome and it works fine.

The only problem is it doesn't include the URL the way Safari does. (It also uses the window title for the task name instead of a summary but I can live with that.) It appears that Safari's more useful clipping comes from a Safari-specific clipping plugin while Chrome is stuck with the "Any Application" plugin.

When will Chrome have an app-specific clipping plugin like Safari?

Bookmark this in your bookmarks toolbar:

javascript:window.location='omnifocus:///add?note='+encodeURIComponent(window.location)+'&n ame='+encodeURIComponent(document.title)

that should do it.