The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Untitled task in resources view after undo leveling Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I am new to Omniplan and have this question:

When assigning resources to a task, I sometimes forget that this task should be "splitting disallowed". After leveling, I do Edit, Undo to be able to click "splitting disallowed". However then there appear untitled tasks in the resources view that I don't know how to delete.
Someone knows how to solve this ?

I think I've seen this. As I recall, quitting and restarting OmniPlan makes the mystery tasks go away.

Thank you, indeed the mystery tasks go away - but it remains strange to me. I keep getting them in the outline (but there they are easy to delete)

Do send in a report with Help->Send Feedback or call up the support ninjas and talk to them about it — bugs with more reports get a priority boost. 800-315-OMNI or +1-206-523-4152.

They are probably ghosts of tasks gone by. Each chunk of a split task has a little object responsible for drawing it, and you've probably found a way to make a split chunk go away such that we're not doing proper cleanup.

Yep, indeed, if leveling splits a task, undo leveling will leave those old cells around. It looks like it can even unassign the unsplit task.

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have a look at that soon.

-Tom