The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature Request Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just bought Omnifocus for iPad. I like everything about it but also am looking for more. I am a sales guy who uses the iPad to capture information. I use Notes Plus as my 'data capture" tool. I went searching for another tool to make data actionable in a coherent methodology; That is where Omnifocus for iPad comes in. Right now the only way to move data is by switching applications and copying and pasting--that sucks. My objective in writing this is to give you a use case where you can consider adding value. I would like a seamless user experience from capturing data to making it actionable. I know Notes Plus is coming out with drop box integration late this month. Are you considering that as well? That seems like a good place to start as you could enable me to suck data right in after I choose the file and eliminate the painful application switching doing the copy/paste thing. Thanks,

If you can email from Notes Plus, have a look at the 'Send to Omnifocus' feature. You email your content to a special omni email address and you get a link back which adds your content into OF.

Have you considered capturing material intended for OmniFocus directly in OmniFocus? Dropbox integration isn't likely to be of any help unless you adhere to some specific format for your captured items, and that doesn't look like a very natural way to use that app, judging from the pictures.

In any case, to make a feature request, use the Contact Omni item under the gear menu. Forum posts don't make it into the development database, but feedback sent with Contact Omni does. They tend to work on the items with the most requests first.

Another option is Notebooks, which has a dedicated Send to OmniFocus feature. It's also available for the iPhone, although I have only used the iPad version.