The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Learning to script OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Where does one go to learn how to script OG? Reading the scripting dictionary only takes you so far.

My immediate problem: how to get/set the text in an existing text object.
So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to refer to the text object. In an existing drawing, how do I figure this out?

tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 4"
tell document "My Doc"
tell layer 1 of canvas 1
what goes in here?
end tell
end tell
end tell

You can get a head start on how OmniGraffle objects are handled via AppleScript by creating an object, and then copying it as AppleScript from the Edit Menu --> Copy As submenu.

Hope that helps,

OK, I'm making progress, but now I need to know how to make OmniGraffle Pro 4 print. There's only one document open.
tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 4" to print front document without print dialog
just gives an error message: "document 1 doesn't understand the print message"
"print document 1" gives the same message.