The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing Selected Rows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Is it possible in OmniOutliner 4 to print selected rows? I intend to use OmniOutliner for weekly lesson planning, so I will have many rows with lots of 'sub rows'. Often, as a backup, I would like to be able just print out that day's lesson plan, or, in other words, just a few particular rows. Can I do this?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwc View Post
Hello,

Is it possible in OmniOutliner 4 to print selected rows? I intend to use OmniOutliner for weekly lesson planning, so I will have many rows with lots of 'sub rows'. Often, as a backup, I would like to be able just print out that day's lesson plan, or, in other words, just a few particular rows. Can I do this?

Thanks.
Hello there.
I asked this same question a while back. OO3 was able to print selected rows. OO4 doesn't, but hopefully it will.
I also use OO for lesson planning. For now, I keep each day under a level one row. Choose the row via the left side, sidebar and print from there.

hth, Scott

Thanks for the suggestion, Scott. I'm more or less doing the same thing now. Let's hope OO4 gets this capability. It's a fantastic tool for lesson planning and teaching in general!

I have found that if you "Focus" the row you want and select "Print" from the menu, you will be able to print just the focused row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax View Post
I have found that if you "Focus" the row you want and select "Print" from the menu, you will be able to print just the focused row.
Very true. I find that this is one of several functions removed in OO4 that simply requires more clicks to get the same job done though. In this case, it's just one, but still.

Scott