The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My Killer Feature: adding tracking to OmniPlan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If you will permit me to dream a little, I will share with you my dream feature for OmniPlan. Or maybe, for a companion product.

What I think would be great is if I could take an OmniPlan and hand it off to my developers. The developers would have a "developer's" app or "tracking" app where they could view the omniplan tasks and gantt chart. A developer could then click on an item in the gantt view to "start timing" and then later click again to "stop timing". This would make it easy for developers to track actual effort.

This developer's tracking app would record the data and then I could import it back into my OmniPlan. Each developer would send this report periodically. This would allow me to accurately track actual effort and duration against the baseline.

Obviously, this could be networked too. The developer's "tracking" app could even be an enhancement to OmniFocus. I know, I just dreamed up a year's worth of work. To me, this is a pleasant fiction.

Cheers.