The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flagged "perspective" not working on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason the native built-in 'Flagged' perspective doesn't seem to function properly on the iPad version of Omnifocus. In iPhone version I see all flagged tasks separated by context, but in iPad version this perspective shows only (available) flagged items that I do see on my self-created Today perspective.

Any ideas how to fix this, or is this a bug in the iPad version?

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-11 at 02:22 AM..

devastat, I've checked mine, and it appears that there are 2 kinds of flagged perspectives, the first on the main page which just shows flagged tasks, and then if you go from the main page into the perspectives view another flagged which shows flagged tasks by context.

On the front page flagged only available flagged items are showing, on the perspectives (2nd page) all flagged items are showing

At least that's the way it's working on mine!

Maybe the items that arent' showing on yours are 'not available'? If they show in the 2nd page flagged perspective then that's what's happening.

Hope this helps

marisa you are absolutely correct, I was confused as there is flagged in the main screen and flagged in the perspective menu as well, and they behave differently.

Thanks a lot for clearing this up.

No probs - I always wondered why there were 2 seemingly identical perspectives - and now find they're not!

So, excuse the newbieness, is it as simple as you the item doesn't appear in the flagged perspective if it already has a date attached to it, in the form of due or start etc. And that the flag you see when say in the project perspective is a separate, unrelated flag, that simply acts as a 'physical' flag to set it apart?

Thanks,

David

Welcome to the forums, David! Sorry for the confusion - it's pretty much as Marissa describes in post number 2. There are two similar views that show flagged items. The one that appears in the top level sidebar only shows items that are Flagged and Available (have no start date or one in the past, are assigned to project that's active and to a context that not in the "On Hold" state.)

The second "Flagged" view, under the "Perspectives" sidebar item, is the one that comes over when you sync OmniFocus with a Mac. That one shows you all the ones in the view I mentioned above, plus the actions that fall into those additional categories.

Same flag in both places, just different settings with regards to whether it includes unavailable actions.