The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Morning List? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to set up a morning todo list to get me out the door. The idea is that I have several things I need to do every morning, and then some optional ones "bring xyz into office".

Can I setup a repeating project that doesn't bring along the one-off extras I add? The core tasks should be copied over to the new one, and the extras left.

One way that comes to mind would be to:
- create a project "Morning Routine" (non repeating)
- create a repeating action group with the actions you want repeated (or many repeating actions, or many repeating action groups, etc.)
- when you have a one-off, simply add it as a non-repeating action to your "Morning Routine" project

Julien

And it would end up as never completing project. That's not a terrible way to do it. Thanks.

I actually have a folder called Maintenance.
In that I have a single action list each for daily, weekly, monthly. yearly
You can put your morning routine in the daily list and set the repeat on each task to whatever you want (days, times, etc.)

Hope that works.

Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschneider View Post
And it would end up as never completing project. That's not a terrible way to do it. Thanks.
I do a similar thing to what julienl suggests but I use a Sub Project within a project to hold the repeating List.

I also want the sub project to complete its cycle, so the way I have it is to have the nested sub Project set to repeat. For me this is every 7 weeks after completion. Inside this repeating sub project I have none repeating tasks so they only run once per cycle. The Project is set to automatically mark itself complete when the last action is done and its this that then triggers the repeat. When the Sub Project repeats all of its tasks reappear

The one off tasks are added directly to the project, not the sub project so they don't repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienl View Post
One way that comes to mind would be to:
- create a project "Morning Routine" (non repeating)
- create a repeating action group with the actions you want repeated (or many repeating actions, or many repeating action groups, etc.)
- when you have a one-off, simply add it as a non-repeating action to your "Morning Routine" project

Julien
thank. i see