The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GTD Inbox processing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by isam
One question, in OF, in the Inbox View, I am setting the project and context for a certain task, I am expecting it to "move to project" without me dragging the task to it, but it never happened.. the task stays in inbox, after I process it, and it have the project name beside it, and it never appears inside the project.

Maybe I got this wrong, but isn't it supposed to "automatically" move the task to the selected project? if not, why is there a project column in the inbox view ?
Great question.

isam: "Clean Up" in the toolbar or the Edit menu will take all the actions with Projects set from the Inbox and move them to their projects.

Thanks Lizard.. Does the system Automatically cleanup at least once a day ? or on OF exit ? or every few hours ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
...Perhaps we could have a right-click "Send to:" menu that we could populate with our applications....

Just musings ... unless our fearless ninjas have this in the queue, I wouldn't expect it for v 1.0.

--Liz
I was about to write this same thing; a set of scripts to interact with the rest of my mac is lacking. A framework for the average joe to modify to be able to invoke LaunchBar or Quicksilver would do, but does OG want to be depenent on these other apps? I do, however, think a fairly complete way of moving items out of the inbox should be part of 1.0.