The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Background sync and battery drain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Despite of OmniFocus statement I've noticed that background sync much more drain iPhone battery. With no another activity it takes from 10 to 15% per hour while on. If turned off - battery consumption returns to its usual conditions.
Everyone got the same behavior? If yes it's better to avoid this feature.

I have switched the feature off due to the battery drain. For me I had my home and work geo-fenced, well as close to those as it got. During the week I don't really get out of those two areas much so it must be carrying out a bit more activity than it would have done pre-update. I am not complaining about the functionality, I think it is a great interim step, but I am not too bothered about it at the moment, just personal preference.

How do you turn off the background syncing? I'm not finding a way to do this.

Ignore this question. Found the answer here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=30350

My understanding was that the action would only work when you breach the Geofence. so if you're in one place (unless you've defined in one place and are actually a little off where you defined it) it should not activate.

Or am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitvit2002 View Post
Despite of OmniFocus statement I've noticed that background sync much more drain iPhone battery. With no another activity it takes from 10 to 15% per hour while on. If turned off - battery consumption returns to its usual conditions.
Everyone got the same behavior? If yes it's better to avoid this feature.
I've noticed increase battery drain from having the geo-fencing on. And background sync really never seems to work well. I keep checking my phone and it never seems to get triggered.