The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus on Multiple Computers [USB, iDisk, .Mac, Syncing] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You might try rebuilding your database by selecting "Rebuild Database…" from the File menu. This will rewrite the transactions on your USB drive into a single transaction, which should make it much faster to open.
I was able to rebuild (It took almost 2 hours!) and afterwards, I am getting much better times opening omnifocus on my different machines - I haven't timed it, but it's much closer to 45s-60s.

My question is: Should I continue to perform this rebuild at regular intervals to keep the start time shortened, or do you think it's a one-time solution that shouldn't need to be repeated?