The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Inspector not showing selection? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For the last several builds (up to and including 95014), the Inspector pane will stop showing the current selected items. This seems to occur only after application switching from and back to OF (command-tab, e.g.), and only if I have more than one content window open (e.g. the default OF window and a perspective).

I can get things working again by switching to another OF window or by opening a new window. It doesn't matter what kind of window I open: the About box and Perspectives Manager window both resolve it (though they don't appear to cause it in the first place).

This doesn't appear to happen (regularly?) if I Exposé the windows to switch to OF.

This is under 10.4.10; I haven't tried 10.5.

I can reproduce this every time by doing the following:

0. Open OF; show the Inspector pane; confirm by selecting at least three different items to confirm that the Inspector is being updated as you change selections.

1. Open a second OF content window (e.g. Window > New Window)

2. Use OF and your system for a while (this is the tough reproducible part)

3. Switch to another application and switch back to OF

4. Select at least three different items in the Inspector to confirm that the Inspector is NOT being updated as you change selections.

5. Switch to another OF window and again select at least three different items in the Inspector; this time you should see the inspector update.

Can anyone else confirm/reproduce? I've filed a bug w/Omni already with this info.

I'm not seeing this bug with my system (OS-X 10.5.1).

Me neither, 10.4.10

Weird. I can repro consistently. I'll see what I can do to find the reason.

I've now reproduced it with Leopard 10.5.1. That's two different computers, two different operating systems. I think I've figured it out. Can someone else try this:

* Quit OmniFocus and restart it.

* Open up two windows.

* Switch to another application.

* Bring up the Quick Entry window. Either enter a new item or simply cancel it.

* Switch to OmniFocus. At this point, you'll probably notice that your OF windows haven't come to the front.

* Switch back to another application, and then back to OF. Your windows should be at the front now.

* Click on an item; it should update in the inspector.

* Use the arrow keys to go up and down your list of items: the inspector shouldn't update anymore. (You can click items, but this is easier.)

* Switch windows and select items; the inspector should update on any selection.

If someone else can reproduce this with these steps, I'll file it with Omni.

Confirmed here.

And it looks like 95291 fixed this! Wow.

Heh. Quick Entry got some love today.