The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checking "Done" duplicates entries Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've searched this forum, but I got tired after about 60 pages and did not find the problem mentioned before. Please excuse me if it already has been.

Whenever I check off a task as "done" OF creates a duplicate of whatever I checked. I've tried both command-k and the drop-down "Clean-Up" menu, to no avail. What have I done and/or what do I do?

Last edited by delano; 2009-03-14 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: didn't sound right

Is OmniFocus creating a duplicate, completed item or a duplicate, uncompleted item? If it is a duplicate completed item, I've only seen this happen after a sync if I marked the item completed on both the desktop and the iPhone. If it is a duplicate, uncompleted item then it sounds like the task is set to repeat upon completion. You can check the repeat status using the Inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano View Post
Whenever I check off a task as "done" OF creates a duplicate of whatever I checked. I've tried both command-k and the drop-down "Clean-Up" menu, to no avail. What have I done and/or what do I do?
Is the item a recurring item? I see this behavior on tasks that I have set to recur.

- Don

Thank you. I'm new to OF, so I don't even have the vocabulary down yet. I went into the Inspector and unchecked the "Repeat Every" box, and it worked. I really like the sense of completion seeing it disappear, so I was a bit disconcerted. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delano View Post
Thank you. I'm new to OF, so I don't even have the vocabulary down yet. I went into the Inspector and unchecked the "Repeat Every" box, and it worked. I really like the sense of completion seeing it disappear, so I was a bit disconcerted. Thanks again.
Ha! I'm only slightly less new to OF, and I'm delighted that I actually was able to help *anyone*.

- Don