The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus v1.0.1 for iPhone is now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just received notice from Apple that the OmniFocus 1.0.1 update is now available!

Here are the release notes:

Quote:
Errors encountered during automatic synchronization no longer pop up an immediate alert dialog, they just badge the Sync button to indicate that there was a sync error. You can tap on the Sync button to see the error and retry the sync.

Fixed a few crashes where errors weren't being handled correctly, and a synchronization crash which happened when the same item had been independently deleted in multiple copies of OmniFocus.

The Nearby Contexts list now lets you know when there are no available actions in any nearby contexts. (Previously, it would just appear to not be working.)

Items will now move out of the inbox as soon as they are assigned to either a project or a context. (Previously, items would stay in the inbox until they were assigned to a project, which meant they wouldn't show up in any context lists.)

Audio recordings now use much less space.

You can now synchronize with web servers which have untrusted or self-signed server certificates. (Rather than just reporting the error and failing, OmniFocus now prompts to ask whether you would like to proceed anyway.)

Fixed a number of compatibility problems with cPanel WebDAV servers. (The fundamental issue was that cPanel doesn't preserve the names of the files OmniFocus uploads, so when OmniFocus was looking for the file again later it was having trouble finding it.)

For more information about synchronization, see the OmniFocus Syncing forums.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-21 at 12:50 PM..

P.S. — I'm not seeing version 1.0.1 yet when I check for updates, but hopefully it's just taking a while to make its way through Apple's servers.

Doesn't show up for me yet, but I'll keep checking...

Try searching for the App in iTunes, and you should see 1.0.1 listed as the app. Click "Purchase". When I just did this, I got a message that "this is a free update", then I got 77.6.0.102921 downloaded.

Hope that helps...

J

I finally see it!!! Was bundled along with two other updates for other apps; they must have batched them over the weekend finally...

Updated and opened just fine so far.

Awesome! Now on to OmniCharacterSheets. :)

So now that 1.0.1 is out what is in the works for 1.0.2? I love the update but is 1.0.2 going to be another stability release or are we going to see any new features like perspectives?

I'm glad that someone posted the version number of 77.6.... as being version 1.0.1. This makes it frustrating to ensure that one is running the latest. I'm going to assume (yes, I know what that spells out) that this is an Apple thing rather than an Omni thing. (Clicking on get info on the app in iTunes leads to the above listed version number).
Currently, my version is listed as 77.4.3... (the 1.0 version). According to iTunes, it was updated at 1:30 today. However, I'm apparently still running the old version. I tried clicking on purchase, but I get a prompt asking for my password. Frustrating.

Cheers!

Last edited by Smhearty; 2008-07-21 at 02:23 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smhearty View Post
I'm glad that someone posted the version number of 77.4.3.0.102457 as being version 1.0.1.
Woops! I'm not sure where you saw that, but version 77.4.3 is actually the older 1.0 release, not the newer 1.0.1 release (which is v77.6). In OmniFocus itself, you can tell whether you have the right build by checking the Release Notes in Settings, or by looking at the build details at the bottom of the Settings screen (which will change from saying "OmniFocus 1.0" to "OmniFocus 1.0.1").

Thanks for the quick follow up. I do now have the 1.0.1 version. I appreciate the reminder to check within the app itself on my Touch. I'm looking forward to 1.0.2 as it is supposed to fix the Due Soon issue.

Cheers!