The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPad Aesthetics :-( Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I brought both iphone & ipad versions today. My comments are purely about LOOKS not functionality.

I spent an hour or so on the iPhone setting everything up (1st draft) before i brought the iPad version, and i really like the iPhone version but the iPad version looks alittle 'clunky'. The iPhone version, whilst simple, atleast has a nice clean feel to it. Although the way the note sits below of the title in italics is not good.

The iPad version needs some work. The font choices are not great and it spoils the experience, for me anyway.

I was using Taska previously and it is very pretty in every way (but sync is very poor) - wish Omnifocus would take on board some of its aesthetics. And there is no doubt OG can create beauty - the app icons and iPhone version is proof of this. Just please do - put it on the priority list!!

Are there plans to 'jazz up' the iPad version? I wasnt expecting to like the iPhone version better than the iPad version.

I appreciate it works well and im glad ive given Omnifocus a go as price was an issue, but i dont feel like using the iPad version purely based on how it looks :( Call me superficial but i speak the truth.....

And basic 4-digit password please on both.

Last edited by moons; 2010-10-07 at 10:07 AM..

Yeah...after using all the many flavors of GTD on iOS, I have the same feeling.

While I love the functionality of OmniFocus, to me, from an aesthetic perspective, I very much don't 'enjoy' using it. It's not fun. I feel like I am driving a mini-van when using OmniFocus, whereas when I use Things, Taska or even 2Do, I feel like I'm driving a nice sports car. If they had better and more trusted 'sync' solutions I think my use of them would be different.

But if we take a step back and look @ the suite of OmniGroup products, aesthetics have never really been at the top of their list of primary concerns...it's all about features, functionality and getting things to work well in the app.

OF isn't about having a 'fun' and 'engaging' experience with GTD. It's about entering Tasks, tracking them and accomplishing them. OG products are very much about Function over Form...I just wish they believed in Form & Function being in total harmony.

Oh well, i better just get used to driving a reliable (sync'ing... so far) mini van ;)

Im going to need a week or two to get used to the system and go deep into GTD. Previously i was in between todo, project & lists mode but now ive invested this money id better get fully into GTD! :p

Can you recommend a good starting point - a tutorial. I know the basics very well but the review function i havent quite understood...? Im sure ill work it out but a pointer would help.

I think more beauty would create more sales. And at £24 a pop they could hire someone extra and it would pay for itself :D

Heheheh.

Yep...the mini van syndrome...dammit why does it work so well :P

Have you read the OF White Paper?
http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...dOmniFocus.pdf

It's a great article on GTD and OF.

Thanks, but i still dont get the review thing. Ill read again later.

Update, I get it now! - YES, very important, makes sense - VITAL!

Last edited by moons; 2010-10-08 at 06:05 AM..