The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sneaky Peek: Trouble Signing in to Yahoo Mail Beta Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is anyone else having trouble sign in to the new Yahoo Mail Beta?

Tried logging in today, but it won't let me in even after I fake out Yahoo by choosing OW site preferences and making it claim it is FireFox.

Whereas before the change it would just tell me my browser is not supported, after masquerading as FireFox it now just sits there on the "logging into Yahoo Mail..." screen.

I suspect this is because the Yahoo! Mail beta doesn't work in WebKit-based browsers.

Yeah, Safari can't access Yahoo Mail Beta either.

So I'm using OW 5.5 beta 2 and I still can't sign in. Is it Omniweb or is it Yahoo that's the problem?

This still isn't supported in WebKit.

Here is the WebKit Bug on the issue:
http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8947

Interesting to note, that if I use my YAHOO MESSENGER to access the enhanced Yahoo mail, it works just fine when it opens OW. If I type in the YAHOO.com and sign in using the website/OW, it errors out and tells me to use classic.