The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any users who use OmniFocus with ical (and perhaps with Blackberry) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Omnifans,

Any users here who've tried syncing omnifocus with ical?
How has it worked for you? Specifically, how do the various contexts of tasks and projects separate out in ical? Does it use a separate Calendar for Separate category? What about Projects? Does ical take a separate context for each project folder?

Also by any chance has anybody then used to sync ical with their blackberry using the latest sync software made available by RIM here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...esktop_mac.jsp

Cheers!
Arif

Welcome aboard, Arif! There's a bunch of information from customers over in our iCal sync forum. (I'm gonna go ahead and move this thread over to that forum; posting here mostly so you know that's happened.)

I don't have a blackberry, so I can't be much help on that front, but I do see some posts from folks along those lines. To answer one of your questions, though: OmniFocus maps your various contexts over to calendars in iCal. It's not possible to sync a To-Do to iCal without specifying which calendar it's for; we figured it would be annoying to have to map every new project to one of your calendars. Since contexts are more likely to stick around, there would be less fiddling around if we did the mapping that way...