The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update the iPhone Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The icon for Mac OS is attractive while utilitarian. The icon for iPhone OS is outdated and since the release of OmniFocus for iPhone I've attempted every possible way to hide it. Winterboard was the only solution but I'd rather run Vanilla OS than a hacked overlay.

Look at these...

Then hire this graphic designer, he does wonderful things. I was staring at the Best App Ever Awards and it's clear that price and icon kept you from winning several trophies.

Thanks for your prompt response. Functionality and regular updates make OF irreplaceable.

I prefer the current icon. Simple. Clean. Not fancy.

I don't disagree that the current icon could be improved.

But I don't like any of the above examples.

I think the icon that Nicholas posted in this thread is very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
I don't disagree that the current icon could be improved.

But I don't like any of the above examples.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post

I agree - think the app icon needs changing & this looks good

Agreed, the icon from Nicholas is an improvement.

The examples in my original post were intended to show the expectations of third-generation App Store development; none would apply to OmniFocus. Obviously the purple should stay.

Could we get some feedback from Moderators?

funny, i actually was wondering about this same thing and stumbled onto a thread by mtheoryx, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15385 where he posted an iphone-like icon that he had made for his mac, and i requested that he make a version basically for the iphone. he obliged, and created one that was more suitable. I had to teak it a little to make it exactly the right size for the iphone, but i think it looks pretty good.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post

Now that one looks cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman85 View Post
funny, i actually was wondering about this same thing and stumbled onto a thread by mtheoryx, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15385 where he posted an iphone-like icon that he had made for his mac, and i requested that he make a version basically for the iphone. he obliged, and created one that was more suitable. I had to teak it a little to make it exactly the right size for the iphone, but i think it looks pretty good.
That does look very cool