The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus is moving very slowly Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus is moving very slowly, specifically when deleting a project or moving it from one folder to another; but also when creating a new project or opening a new window.

I am guessing this may be a database issue since:
(a) It is happening on both my macbook and my mac pro and
(b) It began last week, after I added and deleted several folders & projects, many times over again (In working to import Salesforce data into Omnifocus, I created about 30 folders with one project and two tasks each , then deleted the whole batch; Then re-created similar folders. Repeated this process about 10 times until I got it right).

I had presumed that the adding/deleting of all these items would not impact functionality since I could then rebuild my database once done. Unfortunately, I am now getting some sluggish results.

So far I have tried the following remedies:
• Unregistering all sync clients including main computer.
• Turning off sync
• Compacting Database
• Rebuilding Database

The issue persists. Any help or suggestions for other fixes would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ricky

PS: According to my iphone, I have 437 Projects, 3313 Actions and 35 Zip Files. (I had gotten the zip files down to 1 zip after unsyncing, and then processed my inbox and it went up to 35)

Sorry for the trouble, Ricardo - if you contact our support ninjas, we can help you run a sample report, which will help us determine exactly what code is being executed. Your database is large but not insanely so, and the number of zip files sounds pretty normal...