The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Siri + Location Reminders for exact GPS coordinates, and not street addresses Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.
I have a question, which I'm afraid I know the answer to, but maybe I'm missing a trick. I am using iOS6 on iPhone5.
I would like to use Siri with OmniFocus to set up location/context based reminders. I would like to fix my Home context to the physical GPS location of my house, which is part of a complex, and as such, doesn't have a street address (the main office has a street address and the mail is delivered to a central box).
I know that in OmniFocus I could set Home to "Exact Location", and drop the pin on the house itself, which is great, and it would work like a charm. However, when I use Siri, and tell her to notify me when I arrive "Home", the home that is in my contacts is the address of the main office, since iOS6 contacts can only have street addresses and not GPS coordinates. As such, this reminder never gets captured into OmniFocus, which would then in theory use the GPS coordinate to notify me. I understand that the problem is that OmniFocus captures Reminders when the location matches the context's location. Does this mean, I am out of luck or is there a trick others have used to make this work.
Say, if you wanted to tell Siri to notify you when you actually enter the store, and not when you drive up to it.
Thanks all!

It would be great if OmniFocus could capture not only based on locations, but based on Names as well, to override the iOS6's limited contact addresses.