The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support for EV certificates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that Safari 4 Beta has support for Extended Validation certificates, can OmniWeb also support displaying the information in these certificates?

Actually, I don't seem to be able to view certificate information at all in the latest sneakypeek (clicking the lock icon in the status bar does nothing). Has it always been like this?

You only get to view a certificate if and when it is not valid (a sheet will pop down for invalid certificates). If it is valid, then you have no way of displaying it I'm afraid and clicking the lock icon has never shown you the certificate in any version of OmniWeb 5.

Btw, I'm speaking of certificates in general - I have no idea if 5.9.2 supports EV certificates or not.

FWIW I'd also like to request support for EV... increased security is always welcome.

MobileMe News has just posted a Securely Accessing MobileMe Account Information article that identifies the "modern browsers" supporting Extended Validation Certificates: Safari 4, Firefox 3.6, or Internet Explorer 8.

The lack of OmniWeb in that list led me to this forum thread. I'll join the chorus, singing "OmniWeb's suite of features should include EV."

-- Ward (2nd bass)