The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniwatsit .... FOCUS and PLAN to Marry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a massive, massive fan of Omnifocus. I use it for my personal task management, it has changed the way I work and my productivity, I am hugely grateful and recommend it to everyone I meet.

I am now expanding and partnering up with 4 other people, and want to start using Omniplan for our project management ..... however I am a bit worried that I will have to double up in terms of my own task management - in other words that Omniplan does not yet talk to Omnifocus. This, at least, seems to be what I can gather from what I have read.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Are there plans afoot to bridge the two?

All answers gratefully received!

Thanks.
Matt

Plans to make the two talk to each other, not to combine the programs into one. Schedule is more of a "maybe this year" than "maybe next month" nature. Apparently coming along for the ride with the technology is the ability to delegate items from one OmniFocus user to another. But again, there's no promised date by which this stuff will be available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Plans to make the two talk to each other, not to combine the programs into one. Schedule is more of a "maybe this year" than "maybe next month" nature. Apparently coming along for the ride with the technology is the ability to delegate items from one OmniFocus user to another. But again, there's no promised date by which this stuff will be available...
thank you. yeah that would be very useful. i think you can actually do it from the ipad version in the form of email the action, which can then be clicked on and added by the recipient.

but a shame. omniplan with omnifocus capability would be ideal. i am not sure omniplan on its own is what i need though .......

thank you ...

No, this is much more sophisticated than just emailing someone the action. It gets synced to their OmniFocus database, and blocks your project from going further until they complete that action, at which time your OmniFocus is automatically updated. Or, if the original action is in OmniPlan, it gets updated there when the person to whom it was assigned checks it off in OmniFocus.

Wow. Awesome. But no specific date eh. OK, I guess I will watch and wait! Thank you ....