The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Inquisitor and Flash in OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I just downloaded a Trial of OmniWeb, I'm liking it so far and will probably buy it tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways I read on the OmniWeb developer site that it supported the WebKit Plug-in API and the Netscape Plug-in API and looking at the Plug-in preference pane in OmniWeb it has the plug-ins loaded:

Inquisitor.bundle
Flash Player.bundle

The Inquisitor bundle itself is "loaded" while Flash is "registered" and Inquisitor is located in ~/Library/InputManagers. Flash just isn't loading when I visit Youtube either.

Also I'm not sure how the built in search shortcuts work. The Google one says google@ while I have Google News set to news@ but typing news@ into the search field is meaningless and I'm better off selecting from the drop down menu before hand. Something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

All my plug-ins are showing as "registered" and are functioning fine. My advice would be to download Flash player again and re-install it (this will also ensure you have the latest version).

For searching, the @ isn't typed (it's there to tell OmniWeb that anything after the search string is to be searched for. Also, this search shortcut it isn't for the search bar with the drop down menu, it is for the URL location field. That is, press command-L to give the Address: field focus and type news xyz to search for xyz at Google News; or google xyz to search xyz at Google; etc.

it is so simple to customize searching in OW , any searching bars from any sites.

first , show statut bar :command+\

select a search bar , for ex , this one up there on Omnigroup forums, and click inside for ready to type

searching bar you're ready to type , appears in the statut bar as a magnifiyng glass with a +

if you click on it , a window appears , so you can save it and customize short text for access in the URL bar .

for ex : my google search is : gg + space + what I'm looking for in the URL bar

search in Omnigroup forums could be : ogf + space + .......

and , in your bookmarks could work the same ,
for ex : when I type owf + enter , I come directly in the OmniWeb Forum

so I can go everywhere from anywhere !

PS:excuse my english

Last edited by sangheeta; 2007-08-06 at 02:41 PM..